The chart and accompanying explanations below will help you to better understand the structure and activity of our Social Mission ministries. We invite you to use it as a tool to discern how you can best live into Christ’s call of active discipleship.
Our Service and Solidarity Teams complement and collaborate with our Issue-Based Action Teams. These Teams offer a variety of weekly and monthly service opportunities for you and your family. Each of these groups would welcome your involvement. You can learn more about the organizations we serve below:
- The Bellarmine Conference of St. Vincent de Paul meets Saturdays, 9 a.m. to noon. Our Vincentians meet with our neighbors to pray with them and assist with rent, food, transportation, and more.
- The Shalom Coalition of Habitat for Humanity works seasonally on constructing affordable housing for low-income, first-time homeowners.
- Interfaith Hospitality Network volunteers assist with meals and social activities for families experiencing homelessness during four hosting weeks each year.
- Our Kairos Prison Ministry team is an ecumenical group of men who offer semi-annual 4-day Kairos retreats to prisoners in Lebanon and Lucasville.
- Tender Mercies volunteers provide a meal to residents challenged by homelessness and mental illness one time per month.
- Lydia’s House volunteers offer a variety of support for this local Catholic Worker House, which serves formerly homeless women and their children as they reach self-sufficiency.
- Casa de Paz volunteers likewise offer a variety of support for Latina women and their children after experiences of domestic violence and trauma.
- Fresh is Better: Evanston Garden Project and NEXUS Community Garden and Urban Farm volunteers work to build relationships with our neighbors while decreasing food insecurity through growing healthy, organic food.
- If you are interested in serving your fellow parishioners, please visit our Network of Care page.
Our parishioners make parish Giving, both financial and in-kind contributions throughout the year. We highlight a different ministry partner or organization each month through our Outreach Collection. Some of these collections are annual, and our Issue-based Action Teams determine some. You can learn more about our current Outreach Collection here.
Each quarter, we offer Outreach Grants of up to $1,000 to local nonprofits and start-up initiatives. You can learn more about our Outreach Grants and apply here.
Advocacy Partnerships allow us to actively collaborate with larger coalitions active on city, state, and national issues. You can find more information on our advocacy efforts on our Ignatian Advocacy Team here.